The Holidays and New Year Resolutions.

What a crazy but fun time we had this Holiday Season! We spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas in Kansas City.  We have decide it is easier/better financially to go to KC for Thanksgiving and Christmas we alternate there and Colorado.







We enjoyed Thanksgiving in Kansas City with the typical deep fried turkey, plaza lights, and black Friday shopping.  Jackson got sick and had to go to the ER, which you can read about here.








Jackson had so much fun playing with cousins.  Even though he bullied and kind of picked on his cousin Max who is 6 weeks old than him but smaller.  A lot of time outs were had. He did much better at Christmas.





The next 2.5 weeks in-between the holidays were crazy.  Scott had multiple tests and I felt like I had a never ending list of things to do.  Jackson was also sick still!

The croup virus made him lactose intolerant for a couple of days (we figured this out after he would throw up any time he would eat diary).  When we figured that out, he then had diarrhea for a couple of days. And then we noticed his scrotum was bigger on one side.  The opposite side of where he had hernia surgery in August.  Back to the doctor we went and turns out, YUP. Another hernia and another surgery (planned for the 13th if he isn't sick).  He finally started to feel better, except for a cold, and off to KC we went for Christmas.  There my sister's family so lovingly shared a stomach bug with us (LOVE YOU!).  Her family all had it (except for my sister) a different day.  We thought we were out of the clear when Jackson started throwing up.  Luckily, it was the kind where you feel fine, throw up and feel fine again.  Also, everyone's lasted about 24 hours.  Except for Jacksons.  His lasted a couple of days with random vomit, and multiple loads of laundry, and 6am bath time for the 3 different mornings of waking up with diarrhea up to his neck.  YUCK!  Luckily, Scott and I didn't get it and we were able to make our drive home relatively clean.  YIKES! I know they say kids are sick almost all winter, but seriously?! This is ridiculous.  He is still fighting a cold now and hopefully that is gone so we can do his surgery next Monday.



Bacon angles we made as party favors

Moving on. Christmas was fun as well! We had to post pon our Bacon Fest 2013 due to a huge ice storm/snow storm blowing through.  We still had a lot of fun though after I convinced the adults to go sledding down their street which is on a big hill!  Bacon fest was also a hit! People said they could smell the bacon outside and we counted 8 lbs of bacon used just from us! People brought some YUMMY food and some awesome fun games!  YOU should be jealous!


I got to see 2 of my best friends Leesa and Morgan which is ALWAYS fun!  We also got to see Anchorman 2 which was HILARIOUS!

We came home to day before New Years Eve to get things settled before Scott's sister's family came.  That was so much fun being able to see them even though it was cold and rainy.  Again, Jackson had so much fun playing with cousins.


It was really nice to have some time to ourselves before school started.  We had so much fun playing around with Jackson!

My New Year Resolutions

1.  Speak kinder and softer to my family. It's funny how my family is the most important thing to me but I find myself being short tempered with Scott and Jackson (and even our dog Scout).  I have even found myself yelling at Jackson sometimes.  I mean, if I yell at 1 kid, what am I going to be like with multiple.  So I'm putting an end to it now.  This leads to my next one.

2.  Plan at least 1 crafty/fun activity (cloud dough, painting, etc) a week.  I will use pinterest for this for sure! I think one of the biggest reasons Jackson looks for trouble sometimes is because he is screaming for attention or for more intriguing things to do.  While I'm pretty good at not being on my computer or phone around him, some days I am not.  And those are the days he is a trouble maker.

3.  At my husbands request, be happy when he comes home from school. Not that  I'm not happy to see him when he gets here I am SUPER happy.  But, 4:30-dinner time is the CRAZIEST, most trying time of the day.  Jackson is screaming wanting food, I'm trying to cook dinner, and when he walks in the door I have had it and can't muster up a happy smile.  So I am going to work very hard to figure out what I can do to keep Jackson in check and to be that happy wife he wants to come home to everyday and that I want to be!

Comments

  1. I like your goals! I think i'll steal them. and btw, paybacks for getting us all sick and THE ENTIRE EDWARDS FAMILY over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley....
    "Then we noticed his scrotum was bigger on one side. The opposite side of where he had hernia surgery in August. Back to the doctor we went and turns out, YUP. Another hernia and another surgery (planned for the 13th if he isn't sick).". Oh no!! I am praying for Jackson.... And you!! ;)
    We, too, exchanged the stomach flu bug over Christmas. It was twelve hour, though!! First my youngest brother. {On Christmas Eve of all days!! He, too, had not quite recovered from a cold.} Then my sister. {On Christmas Day evening!!} Then Mom. Last to catch it was Dad. But not me, thankfully!! {My oldest brother caught it, though, as he, his wife and twain little girls came over for Christmas.... Yuck, indeed. :-(
    Bacon Fest?! I know one person who would be jealous. Dad!! He love, love, loves bacon to an obsession!! ;-D
    I like your New Year's Resolutions!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal