Priesthood Power!

I have been able to witness many powerful priesthood blessings in my life time.  Many involving my little boy as many of you have read about with all of his surgeries.  But this past week I was able to witness the most powerful immediate response to a priesthood blessing.


First what is the priesthood? The priesthood is the authority to act in God’s name. The same priesthood authority that existed in the original Church established by Jesus Christ exists in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today. The Church is directed and led through this authority.

For more answers head on over to the Mormon.org explanation.

This last week we were in KC for Thanksgiving visiting family.  Our family started to get a cold a couple of days before we were going to leave.  Things were fine, but Jackson seemed to be getting the worst of it.  We first noticed something was up when he started getting the barking seal cough (AKA croup, which I know all about it, but I didn't put two and two together).  He started wheezing a little during the day when he would run around everywhere and play with his cousins but would seem totally normal.  But at night he would get worse.  Friday night/Saturday morning was such an occasion.  I went to bed early because I was tried from shopping all night/ the morning before.  When Scott came to bed, it woke me up which was a blessing because Jackson sounded awful.  We stood there debating about what we should do.  Jackson startled awake and immediately started coughing/crying/gasping for air.  It was so scary.  We hurried and got dressed while the other person tried to calm him. 

We hurried upstairs FRANTIC because his chest was sinking in so much as he was trying to get air.  I ran and got Paul (my brother in law) to help give Jackson a priesthood blessing.  Before it started Jackson would not sit still, he would arch his back, crying, coughing, trying to get up, trying to breathing… then this most amazing thing happened.  Paul and Scott started to give Jackson a priesthood blessing and Jackson settled down.  He would let me hold him, he could breath easier, coughed less, and was more comfortable INSTANTLY   There was so much power in the room that morning and I am so thankful to have two worthy Priesthood holders near to be able to do that for us.

We still needed to take Jackson to the hospital but he was calm and able to get the breaths that he needed. Well before the nurses started messing with him =) But we are even thankful for that.  We were there for about 5 hours doing treatments and then were able to go home and this little boy is getting better and better.

I have a testimony of the power of priesthood blessings.  Use them!  They are available to anyone who asks. Be worthy of them if you are able to have it or do hold it, so when a situation like this arises you can step up and perform miracles on God's behalf.

Our boy today! Enjoying the warm weather and playing in the fall leaves

Comments

  1. Lesley....
    I have been a stranger in these parts.... We got busy, busy, busy and I disappeared for a while!! It feels so good to back!! ;)
    I am sorry that little Jackson was sick!! Not fun!! Having been born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia {As well as craniosynostosis!!} my lung collapsed during babyhood. So I nearly always suffer from "barking seal coughs". Then I had to go and catch pneumonia at age 21 resulting in asthma. But croup? I somehow evaded that!! However. My youngest brother who was born with multiple holes in his heart used to get croup. It is scary!! I believe Mom took my brother to emergency more than once on account of croup!! I am glad that Jackson is better and recovered!! ;-D
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley and Jackson....
    Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley....
    It has been well over one month since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jackson, my Kindred Spirit "Cranio" Buddy!! I hope your Christmas was merry!! Happy 2014!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal