Jackson's Surgery, softball, and some AWESOME recipes!



Jackson had his 5th surgery which was a hernia repair on Monday. Poor kid was soo hungry though.  He ate at 6:30pm dinner the night before and couldn't have anything when he woke up and his surgery didn't start until 9:30am. He kept signing drink and food and getting into my diaper bag.  Luckily they had some fun toys to play with while we wait.  And of course he dazzled all the nurses and other patients.  We got buzzed to go into the consult room and Dr. Ziada told us everything went great and we could go up and see him soon.  When we got up there he was drinking his first ever Powerade from a sippy cup and would not let it go.  If I tried to take one of his arms down so they could get his blood pressure he would scream! He drank almost the whole bottle and some cheerios before we left.  On our way out, he threw up a little.  Looked just like our dogs throw up with all the cheerios in it.  Then when we were in the car on the way home I noticed he looked pale so I put my jacket down in his lap and what do you know.. he threw up again but this time it was all of the Powerade.  Then we got home and while I was cleaning him up, a bunch more stuff came up... yuck! After all of that he was just fine and ate everything.

Going to a baseball game a couple of weeks ago.  So cute!
Our dog has also been going through some crazy stuff.  A couple of weeks ago, he had open sores all over his back that eventually scabbed and was all over him.  We thought it was from the furminator brush I used.  Then about a week ago I noticed him losing hair where the open wounds started.  We took him to the vet and they tried to tell me he had ring worm (I know what it looks like, there was nothing like that on him), then they thought he had mange (not the contagious kind).  So we did some tests and they came back negative.  So we got some antibiotics and and anti fungal and antibiotic shampoo.  Hopefully that works!

Also, this week my new macbook pro came in the mail! It was just time to get a new one.  I have had my white macbook for almost 7 years and it has worked great! It was just time for an upgrade.  Specifically because it was so old, some of the applications I used didn't have updates for my version anymore.  Kind of lame!



Today our church had a stake softball tournament! SO FUN! It was hot and not too humid! We played some pretty hardcore teams but we had so much fun! Jackson had his bat and was swinging like a pro! I got some good hits and some plays made!







Now to some yummy food! Sorry I don't have very many pictures! It wasn't working tonight!


This was good but not great.  But I wouldn't count it as a fail because anybody that really likes peanut butter would probably die over this. But I just can't eat THAT much of it.  As you can see though, mine does NOT look like the picture in the blog. And yes, I didn't let him lick several spoons of goodness! I'm such a cool mom!


These were pretty good for how easy they are.  I baked them and then wrapped them in foil since we had to leave for softball practice right after Scott got home.


OK SERIOUSLY SOOO GOOOD AND EASY!! I didn't make mine into hearts and they were just as good and they were too bad looking.  These seem like they would be so versatile also!


LOVE Olive Gardens Ziti pasta.  This isn't an exact replica but it is pretty dang close! Not just to get those yummy breadsticks!


FAILS


This was very dry and the sauce was just wrong! I'm sure someone could fix it to be good but I don't that that kind of talent!

Goodnight everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal