Just sitting and waiting

I am not a patient person and it is definitely showing. 

Baby boy is due Aug 29, so that makes me 38.5 (ish) weeks.  I had Jackson at 37.5 and I had every intention of having this baby then too.  All the signs pointed to it.  I was having a lot of braxton hicks, I was dilated a 3 almost 4cm and 50% effaced.  We even had a false alarm of 4 min. apart contractions for over 3 hours to only go away a little after.  My doctor last week even said that I was now 4 cm, 70% effaced and my water bag was about to pop.  Still nothing.

He is pretty squished in there! This was 36 weeks weighing 6 lb 2 oz.

I've been walking, doing zumba, eating pineapple, been getting lots of foot massages from my hubby, and nothing seems to be moving him along.  Oh, PLEASE give me patience!! He will come when he is ready. But I have been ready for WEEKS!

No room left to grow!
Jackson is so excited to be a big brother.  We have been talking about it for awhile, he has a special backpack he gets when he comes and he can't stop talking about it.  He likes to sing to him and give him soft pats, kisses, and cuddles. 

Potty training is going alright.  I think he can sense something is going on so we had a little reversion and him not thinking using the potty is cool anymore.  Luckily, we seem back on track.  He still doesn't tell us when he has to go (which I think will take awhile) but he is getting better at holding it and if he does go a little he will hold it and then let it go when he gets to the potty.  But I'm sure glad I did it, even though he might not of been all the way ready.  We definitely can't afford to kids in diapers!

We are also going through some terrible two things.  Hitting is one and I HATE it.  It is so hard not to react right after. Most of the time that makes him do it again just to get another reaction out of him.  We have been doing a lot of "what are hands for? hugging, playing, high fiving" It works most the time.  We also have been doing a lot of family home evenings on the same 2 subjects, being reverent and being obedient.  Jackson does pretty well in church. There was awhile that it was going horribly (mostly when Scott was translating French for an investigator.  Jackson thought that meant he could be crazy and talk too).  But I think we have found a good groove.  He has some scriptures he brings with him and he loves looking through them and reading them.  Mostly he says, "Jesus went to the temple" =)

Babies first selfie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal