Quick Pregnancy update









Quick update. This pregnancy has not been so nice to my head (lots of headaches) and my stomach (HOLY feeling like I'm going to explode from being so bloated!).  Luckily, I have been feel much better! Seeing a chiropractor helped with the headaches, and well the bloating?  That is still off and on.







I am 24 weeks (seriously? This is taking forever and going by so fast at the same time!) I weigh about the same as with Jackson at this time, but I am much bigger in my belly.  My doctor at my appointment today told me our little man is being projected at around 8 lbs at birth.  NOOO!! Jackson was 6 lbs 3.8 oz.  I'm seriously frightened about anything bigger than that! Oh well.

Jackson 27 weeks
Little man 21 weeks






















One thing that has been nice (I guess I'll call it that) is seeing this little man more often! We have been seeing a high risk doctor for our ultrasounds because of Jackson's birth defects and that means lots of pictures of him and still more to come.  He is very pleased with how everything is looking.

However, they did notice a hole in little man's ventricular wall.  Sigh.  Not again.  Luckily, everything major looked ok and the doctor didn't seem worried at all about it.  He just said we would continue to follow it, which we have, and it is still there.  There is still a possibility of it closing before birth.  But he said, even if he was born with it they wouldn't do much about it.  Also, if we didn't have any history of heart defects, he wouldn't even tell us about the hole because it's not a huge deal.  So I guess that's a good thing.  Still is kind of sucky knowing that because you have had 1 child with a heart defect it is common for the rest of your children to have a heart defect of some sort. Thank goodness for modern medicine!


Also, little man is still nameless.  We can't really agree on a name.  With Jackson, we heard it and we knew that was it.  This one... not so much. We need some inspiration!!

Comments

  1. I'd try Hylands Gas pills or digestive enzymes for the bloating....most likely it's just gas from not digesting your food properly. So sorry about the hole...I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the week I felt the worst I've decided I had a virus because it was all of a sudden gone. I am for sure the bloating is from diary (used to be lactose intolerant) but it is so inconsistent now I just eat it and sometimes I have issues and sometimes I don't. I like it too much to take it out completely again! Thanks for the tip though!

      Delete
  2. Lesley....
    I'm back!! Did you miss me?! ;)
    I am so very glad that you have been feeling better!! ;-D
    Jackson is pointing at your belly!! To quote Jesse from "Full House". "Loving it, loving it!" ;)
    I am sorry to read about Little Man's heart defect!! But I'm glad that the doctors seem positive about it!! ;-D
    Love you later, Raelyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal