Our not so little boy.

Jackson is 20 months old.  That is 4 months from being 2!! I can't believe it. But at the same time I can with his little 2 year old attitude =)



 For one of my New Years resolutions, I wanted to do more sensory and craft things with Jackson. This is cloud dough.  He LOVES it at it's only oil and flour mixed together!








Jackson can...

do the hand motions to the songs Popcorn popping and 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed and do the motions and sing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.

he knows 22 shapes.  Can say 7 of them, and can see circles, squares, triangles, hearts, and diamonds in everyday objects and life.

count to 3.

help get dressed and undressed.

Painting in a bag.  This lasted about 5 seconds when he realized he couldn't actually touch the paint.

Jackson says...

His favorite word and food is cereal.  He wants it for every meal and snack.

He is now saying 3 word phrases.  The cutest are " I got it",  "Turn light on/off" and "I'll cut it" (talking about food).  Also, "I ok"

Jackson's favorite things...

cars and trucks (also corrects me if I say the wrong one)

balls.  He carries them all over and always knows where one is at all times.

sports. He will point at the TV and say football, football. He is loving watching the Olympics with me.

Jackson is scared of...

the vacuum.

standing up on our chairs.  He almost fell off once when I was moving it and refuses to do it now.

kind of the doctor now = (.  This started after this last surgery in January.  Apparently he remembers very well the going back with the nurses to the operating room.  Now when he goes into the doctors office he runs right back out. Luckily, he is good after that.

More shaving cream painting in the tub.  This is his "MOM, take the picture!" face.

My naughty boy likes to...

say "no" with a nice hand swing.

when I ask him to come here or do something he doesn't want to, he runs away and hides.

What we're working on...

we have started to read a whole chapter of scriptures before bed (we are in the New Testament). We make him sit on our lap quietly for a couple of verses.  If he is mostly good and quiet than he can have a toy to play with quietly while we finish. When we started he screamed the WHOLE time. He is still having a hard time with the being quiet.  BUT we have seen a GREAT cross over to church.  During sacrament we rarely have to ask him to sit down and be quiet anymore.




Comments

  1. Lesley....
    "Painting in a bag. This lasted about 5 seconds when he realized he couldn't actually touch the paint.". Crack. Me. Up!! ;-D
    "Jackson can... do the hand motions to the songs Popcorn popping and 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed and do the motions and sing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. He knows 22 shapes. Can say 7 of them, and can see circles, squares, triangles, hearts, and diamonds in everyday objects and life. Count to 3. Help get dressed and undressed. Jackson says... His favorite word and food is cereal. He wants it for every meal and snack. He is now saying 3 word phrases. The cutest are 'I got it', 'Turn light on/off' and 'I'll cut it' (talking about food). Also, 'I ok'. Jackson's favorite things... cars and trucks (also corrects me if I say the wrong one) Balls. He carries them all over and always knows where one is at all times. Sports. He will point at the TV and say football, football. He is loving watching the Olympics with me. My naughty boy likes to... say 'no' with a nice hand swing. When I ask him to come here or do something he doesn't want to, he runs away and hides.". Wow!! Jackson sounds so smart!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley....
    It has been over one month since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jackson, my Kindred Spirit "Cranio" Buddy!! Spring has seemingly arrived around here, and the sun is shining!! I love it, despite my sinus headaches....!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal