Life lately

Oh life… you have a way of just ticking right on by!

So much has happened lately but here are some highlights

I started a new business.  Maybe you have heard of it? Origami Owl Custom Jewelry and I LOVE IT! 1. because I love jewelry 2. Because I don't have to be a crazy sales person to sell it because everyone loves it 3. I can change it every day to what I want! Seriously, so fun! IF you haven't heard of it, check out my website www.lexingtonlockets.origamiowl.com













Jackson and I took a trip to Colorado to visit family and for me to go to Time Out For Women with just us girls (mother in law and 2 sister in laws)! We also got to meet up with our friends Ashley and Ryder Sloan.  I'm sure by next time the boys see each other they will be into playing with each other!


Time Out For Women was so much fun (what we saw of it) and so was the night we spent in Denver with just the girls! We got locked out of our room (and our stuff) and they tried to compensate by giving us $80 in food vouchers, which we used ALL of it on our room service breakfast.  Eventually we got back in, but being locked out was actually fun!


On our way to the conference the next morning I get a text from my Father In Law that says call me with this picture

Not going to lie, I got instant teary eyed and kind of light headed.  This was the first time I have ever left Jackson over night.  He did do great the night before and during that morning, but the kid runs EVERYWHERE and usually it involves tripping.  And that's what happened. Tripped and fell and hit his head on the corner of a speaker.  He was a champ though and we decided to do glue and steri strips instead of stitches.




Cousin love… maybe not =)






The rest of the trip was so fun to hang out with cousins and with my sisters and family! We went to a Broncos vs. Raiders birthday party for my 2 nephews and Jackson sported his Chiefs jersey and tomahawk chant most of the night until his Nana made him change into his broncos shirt… Oh well.  It's the price I paid for Jackson NOT wearing U of Kentucky things and I'll take it! (ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK)













At the pumpkin patch and orchard!





 Halloween was so fun! So much more fun than last year that's for sure! Our church had an AWESOME trunk or treat and I had the cutest monster in town! He had so much fun holding out his monster hand to get candy. We also went to the library for a Boo bash and made some crafts there! Even though he didn't really know what was going on with the crafts, he had so much fun playing with all the other kids there!






Our little man last year on Halloween. This is 24 hours after his surgery. Check out this post RIGHT HERE


Comments

  1. Lesley....
    Hi, I saw your comment on Serene's Blog. I, too, was born with craniosynostosis, among other birth defects. I am now pushin' thirty. I love, love, love to write!! I do live with learning disabilities. Unfortunately. But, I'm slowly being taught, that, in so many ways, as Tony Stark/Iron Man said in "The Avengers", "It's a... terrible privilege.". Everything is. It's my cross to bear. ;)
    Jackson--I love that name!!-- is adorable!! Beautiful in more ways than one. No, wait. As my phrase goes, he is Beautifully Unique!! ;-D
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, Jackson, and family....
    Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!! ;)
    --Raelyn
    PS. I read Jackson's story the other day. Wow. Just wow. He is one "hard to kill" survivor, your little dude!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal