Crafty flower pot, Roseola, death to a snake and baby birds, T-Rex scream...


What a week it has been.

He is so curious!
It started off with AH-MAZING weather.  Up in the 80's! I LOVED IT.  Jackson on the other hand did not.  He had been fussy for a couple of days and then Tuesday he was burning up.  I thought it was just because of the weather (we didn't want to turn the air on) but turns out he had a fever, 103.7 for about 2 days and tylenol or Ibuprofen didn't seem to help at all.  I thought maybe he had an infection because his boy parts from his surgery last week. Read HERE! were swollen. So we took him to the doctor and they said he looked great and it probably wasn't related.  The fever finally broke Thursday and then I noticed a rash (which I thought was from the heat) that was first in his groin area and then moved to behind his ears.  I remembered I had pinned something from pinterest about rashes and kids and I'm glad I did.  I found out what he had from THIS post, Roseola.  Naturally, I googled it and found a helpful site at babycenter.com.  He had ALL the symptoms, high fever a couple of days that goes away and then a rash appears.  Also included fussiness, lack of appetite, snotty nose, diarrhea.  He had EVERYTHING.  Luckily, it is super common and most kids have it by the time they are in kindergarden and then don't have it again, only contagious before any symptoms, and he is on the downhill since the fever is gone.  Doctor said we can do whatever we want and don't have to limit who we are around!

Thanks to pinterest again, I tried to be crafty.  Well I was crafty, but it was a lot harder than the post made it seem to be.  I made (with the help of Scott) a Tiered Terra Cotta plant stand. LOVE the bright blue color, hate how unstable it is.  If you make this, I would use a steel rod instead of the tomato stake it says to use. Instructions HERE.

Saturday we got SO MUCH stuff done.  We continue to water our grass even though I'm pretty sure NONE of the new grass we put down last week has grown... just weeds, made the flower pots, planted my blueberry bush next to my rose bush (those BETTER grow!), finally racked up all the pine needles that have collected for probably a couple of years under our pine tree in the front, took down a birds nest about 4 different times, Scott fixed the leaking toilet, AND we went on a date and saw Jurassic Park 3D. Successful Saturday!


 

Tried to do a water sensory thing and he could've cared less.  Still into just chewing on everything.  But he loves baths so much?!

This last week I killed 5 things.  4 of them were robins eggs that I didn't know were in a nest I had Scott take down... I felt really bad.  The other was a snake! We found out that we have snakes in our back yard and got snake stuff to put under our porch which seemed to be working.  When I was walking on the side of the house I came face to face with one, ran and got the hoe, and went to town killing it.  I thought it would die instantly... but it didn't.  That made me feel horrible too cause it was trying to get away while I was killing it.... Man I'm a horrible person!

Also, we have a T-rex living in our house, known as Jackson.  He has started to do this scream thing that is really throaty and always makes him have a coughing fit afterwards.  He does it when he wants something or doesn't want something.  It's actually scary, but funny at the same time.  Poor kid needs to learn to talk already...



    First time eating REAL spaghetti




















6 freezer meals to make for my freezer meal exchange group at church.  So smart! Also, Traditional homemade cinnamon rolls for conference before baking... OMG so good!

Comments

  1. Haha I'm still staying out of the grass at your house!! We need to get a baby pool at my house and have Jackson come over :) Not only has Sophia started the screaming thing but now she has added temper tantrums to it any time she doesn't get what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. I have a baby pool so you will just ahve to get over it and come over here. plus, I'm pretty sure they are GONE out of our yard. The snake stuff worked really well!

      Delete
    2. Ummm I didn't know you wrote this and I doubt the snakes are gone because you killed one recently with a hoe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Drop us a line

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson is... 2???

Metopic Craniosynostosis

Baby Girls Nursery Reveal